Geeks With Blogs

News

I LOVE DataObject.NET
http://xceed.com
http://www.sharpcrafters.com/
http://www.telerik.com

Get this blog as a slideshow!
Powered by feedmap.net

Malisa Ncube - .NET Delights .NET Development ideas and things
I have encountered a number of errors with visual studio 2008, which i'm now getting convinced are bugs. The first i will talk about is the Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)

The reason i think it is a bug in VS2008 is the inconsistencies around it. The code below is supposed to create Toolbox items based on some assemblies that i add into the Assembly cache.

     public void RunCreator(DTE dte)

        {

            if (DllFileList.Count < 1)

            {

                Console.WriteLine("Could not find DLLs!");

                return;

            }

 

            Console.WriteLine("Creating context for templates.");

 

            string tempProjPath = Path.Combine(Path.GetTempPath(), "tempProj");

 

            if (Directory.Exists(tempProjPath))

            {

                Directory.Delete(tempProjPath, true);

            }

 

            Console.WriteLine("1");

            string fileName = ((Solution2)dte.Solution).GetProjectTemplate("WindowsApplication.zip", "CSharp");

 

            Console.WriteLine("2");

            switch (fileName)

            {

                case null:

                case "":

                    fileName = ((Solution2)dte.Solution).GetProjectTemplate("WindowsApplication.zip", "VisualBasic");

                    break;

            }

            Console.WriteLine("3");

 

            if ((fileName == null) || (fileName == string.Empty))

            {

                fileName = ((Solution2)dte.Solution).GetProjectTemplate("WindowsApplication.zip", "csharp");

            }

 

            Console.WriteLine("Adding solution template.");

            Application.DoEvents();

            System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10000);

 

            dte.Solution.AddFromTemplate(fileName, tempProjPath, "temp.cproj", false);

            dte.Solution.Close(false);

 

            Application.DoEvents();

 

            dte.ExecuteCommand("View.PropertiesWindow", "");

            Window window = dte.Windows.Item(EnvDTE.Constants.vsWindowKindToolbox);

 

 

            Application.DoEvents();

            window.Activate();

            ToolBox box = window.Object as ToolBox;

            ToolBoxTabs tabs = box.ToolBoxTabs;

            ToolBoxTab tab;

 

            try

            {

                tab = FindOrCreateTab(tabs, TABLABLE, false);

 

                if (_option == "install")

                {

                    if (tab != null)

                    {

                        tab.Delete();

                        Console.WriteLine("Deleting tab: [" + TABLABLE + "]");

                    }

 

                    Console.WriteLine("Locating tab.");

                    tab = FindOrCreateTab(tabs, TABLABLE, true);

                    dte.ExecuteCommand("View.PropertiesWindow", "");

                    tab.Activate();

 

                    Console.WriteLine("Acquiring Components.");

                    this.ComponentDataList = this.GetAllComponentsData();

 

                    if (ComponentDataList.Count < 1) return;

 

                    Console.WriteLine("\nRegistering...");

 

                    foreach (ComponentData componentData in this.ComponentDataList)

                    {

                        RegComponent(tab, componentData);

                        System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500);

                    }

                }

                else

                {

                    if (tab != null)

                    {

                        tab.Delete();

                        Console.WriteLine("Deleting tab: [" + TABLABLE + "]");

                    }

                }

 

 

                Console.WriteLine("Done...");

            }

            catch

            {

                throw;

            }

        }


The moment i access
dte get the error.

bug

I have not found any solution on google and all attempts by others have not resulted in solutions. I spent the entire day trying to solve this, but as a developer i will still persist. Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:31 AM | Back to top


Comments on this post: Visual Studio 2008 - Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER) whille adding components ot the toolbox

No comments posted yet.
Your comment:
 (will show your gravatar)


Copyright © Malisa L. Ncube | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net